Tuesday, April 12, 2011

R&T Rachel & Trevor.

Trevor

1.) Yes i believe that certain ideas in the video were quite possible. I also thought that some of the ideas were quite far fetched. In my opinion it was split right down the middle. But all the ideas were extremely interesting.
2.) I make art in various states of mind. I feel as though my most successful pieces are created when my mind is in a relaxed state.
3.) I think that extra terrestrials would more than likely not have a need for art. I would like to fantasize about the fact that some form of distant being would be highly intelligent. I would imagine them to have a utopian society, in which art would not be necessary. 
4.) I think that some sort of solid correlation might be able to be formed one day between the two, but I do not believe that they are similar in this day and age.
5.) Most definitely. My favorite part of your drawings involve the destruction of human beings.
7.) I can relate to your drawings on many levels. When viewing them I experience a high level of nostalgia. I feel as though your drawings relate to a culture that I was raised on. 
8.) I think that the DNA passing on code would be the natural form of drawing. As in it was set in to motion by something, but that does not necessarily make it art. Art is generally associated with the high levels of thought that human beings are capable of.

Rachel

1.)  I have no idea if I would want to live forever or not. It is such a scary thought to tackle. This life is painful, and death is painful, and I have not idea of what will happen afterwards. If I could live forever I imagine that it would be highly painful as the universe is collapsing upon itself. One day you billions of years from now you would more than likely experience the inner workings of a black hole.
2.) I do think that one day humans will be able to instill consciousness into a machine.  They have been able to reproduce nearly every other aspect of human life with machines. I think that consciousness is the next step, and it is not that far away.
3.) I believe that his predictions might be somewhere in between completely crazy and completely sane.
4.) Most definitely. The faster that humans make advancements in technology, the faster they will find cures for diseases. There will also be improvements in many other aspects of life with the improvement of technology.
5.) I do believe that it is extremely important for an artist to utilize technology in this day and age. The reference that comes to mind would be the importance of fire to the caveman in creating the cave murals thousands of years ago. The utilization of as many technological advancements available at the time would be extremely important to the documentation of that era. 
6.) Most definitely. I believe that you use many cutting edge technological advancements that are highly complicated when you create your art.
7.) Predictions about the future of technological advancements may help the actual advancement of the technology. While I cannot make an educated statement about the matter, I do believe that it is important to make predictions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment